This is quite a large video file and may take a while to fully load.
I suggest you run it fullscreen if you can.
To help raise public awareness of some of the issues pertaining to light pollution, Loch Ness Productions in collaboration with the International Dark-Sky Association has created Losing the Dark in fulldome video format for digital planetarium use, and also as a conventional flat screen video.
- Losing the Dark has no license fee!
- It’s free to anyone who would like to show it.
- It’s on YouTube, available for on-line viewing, sharing and embedding on blogs and Web pages.
- Downloads available, so Losing the Dark can be used in classrooms, kiosks, museum theatres, and multimedia presentations.
- Classic planetarium theaters without fulldome capability can show this version using their traditional video projectors.You can get more information about light pollution and how to combat it from International Dark-Sky Association Web site: http://www.darksky.org.Losing the Dark is copyrighted by the International Dark-Sky Association and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/More information can be found at:Losing the Dark on the Loch Ness Productions website: http://www.lochnessproductions.com/losingthedarkLosing the Dark on the IDA website: http://www.darksky.org/losingthedark
Losing the Dark on the IDA website: